- Fully renovated contemporary 4bd/2.5ba Mission home
- SqFt: 2,409 (per architectural drawings)
- Architect-designed open floor plan by Mark English Architects
- Abundant natural light via large windows, skylights, moving glass wall
- Four spacious bedrooms on upper level – very rare find in the city!
- European White oak hardwood floors throughout
- Custom frameless kitchen features Thermador appliances, Shinnoki & Alvic cabinets, floor-to-ceiling pantry, integrated fridge/dishwasher, Cosentino silestone counters/waterfall island, Kuzco Vega Minor LED linear bar
- Primary bedroom suite boasts walk-in closet and luxury en suite bath
- Beautifully landscaped backyard with patio enclosed by tall plants and lush greenery
- Designer-finished bathrooms (RH floating vanities, Carrara marble counters/wall tile, Sonneman Stix Plus LED wall bars, Kursaal Slate porcelain tile, Duravit bathtubs)
- Nest thermostat, Ring doorbell
- Updates include: new roof, HVAC system, concrete slab, Simpson moment frame, steel beams/foundation work, framing to maximize ceiling height and open floor plan, new electricity/plumbing, insulation, drywall,wood siding, waterproofing, garage door, front door system, interior/exterior paint, tankless water heater, installation of turf, concrete patio, and landscaping
- Large laundry room with side-by-side LG washer/dryer
- One-car garage parking
- Walk score: 98
- Transit score: 84
- Bike score: 100
- Walkable to Valencia St. and the 24th/Folsom street shops, restaurants, fitness studios, parks, playgrounds
- Convenient commute: Close to Muni, BART, CalTrain, the “Wiggle,” 101 fwy, I-280, tech shuttles, SFO
Superbly located in the heart of the Mission – a block in any direction offers the city’s best in shopping, dining, recreation, and culture – 2954 23rd St. offers the premium elements you expect from a turnkey listing along with the comforts of home. Clean lines and modern style showcase the tip-to-toe remodel led by architect Mark English, known for his dexterous balance of designer artistry and the practical and structural considerations of SF living. (Here, those considerations included a new roof, foundation work, moment framing to maximize ceiling height on both levels and eliminate walls plus all new electric & plumbing, insulation, HVAC system, and more.)
The main level greets you with a secure wrought iron gate to formal entry – powder room and one-car garage adjacent – before revealing a sunlit open floor plan with seamless indoor/outdoor living, white oak hardwood floors, and linear LED lighting throughout. A moving glass wall extends kitchen, living, and dining areas both visually and physically to the landscaped backyard, a serene setting with garden, patio, and turf for relaxing or entertaining. Equal parts form and function, the custom frameless kitchen boasts top of the line everything: Thermador appliances/Zephyr range hood, LED-lit cabinets by Shinnoki and Alvic with integrated fridge/dishwasher & floor-to-ceiling pantry, Cosentino silestone counters/waterfall island, and breakfast bar seating that transitions to cocktails & hors d’oeuvres without skipping a beat.
A skylight brightens the glass-walled staircase that leads upstairs, where you’ll find four bedrooms (very rare in this neighborhood!), two designer-finished bathrooms, and a spacious laundry room with side-by-side LG washer/dryer. A wide-span window maximizes garden and tree views in the primary bedroom, overlooking the backyard. The generous suite also includes a walk-in closet and luxury ensuite bath featuring a floating double vanity (Restoration Hardware), Carrara marble counters/wall tile, Sonneman Stix Plus LED wall bar, natural Kursaal Slate porcelain floor tile, glass-clad double shower, and a deep soaking tub that sits directly below another skylight for a truly peaceful moment of Zen. Ample storage throughout.