- 4bd, 3ba Glen Park single-family home + office
- Year built: 1944
- SqFt: 2,742 (per graphic artist)
- Lush surroundings – located at the end of a cul de sac adjacent to the Glen Park greenway
- Wonderful natural light amplified by large windows, skylights, and glass sliders at every turn
- 3 bedrooms on one level – rare find in the city!
- Bright, open social spaces – great flow for entertaining with a small interior patio
- Main level living room features decorative fireplace, large bay window with greenway views
- Chef’s kitchen fitted with upscale Viking appliances (fridge, wine fridge, range) and large center island
- Formal dining area opens to interior patio via floor-to-ceiling glass sliders (ideal for BBQ or cocktail hour!)
- Sunlit primary bedroom with en suite bath (dual sink RH floating vanity, large glass-clad shower, skylight), custom walk-through closet, and large bay window overlooking the backyard with mature tree views
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Huge lower level living room opens to backyard via floor-to-ceiling glass sliders
- Private backyard with walkout deck – beautiful wooden fence, greenbelt backdrop, and thoughtful landscaping create serene atmosphere
- Spacious office/media room with built-in shelving
- 4th bedroom on lower level with garden view and en suite bath easily serves as in-law unit or guest suite
- Laundry room with side-by-side LG washer/dryer
- Two-car tandem garage parking
- Amazing interior storage; extra storage below exterior deck
- Walk score: 89
- Community-oriented with Glen Canyon Park, Walter Haas Park, playgrounds, dog parks, view hikes
- Close proximity to grocery stores, restaurants, cafes, shopping
- Easy commute to downtown, East Bay, Peninsula, and SFO via BART, I-280, 101-fwy
45 Chilton Ave offers the best of every world: A spacious, light-filled two-level, 4-bedroom + office home that is thoughtfully renovated for comfortable modern living and memorable entertaining with lush views of the surrounding greenery or backyard from almost every room. Located on the coveted tree-lined Chilton Avenue cul-de-sac just off the serene Glen Park Greenway, the home enjoys all the benefits from its central Glen Park location: a few minutes walk to Glen Canyon Park, Glen Park Village’s many amenities, and easy access to 101, 280, BART and an array of transit options. Do not be deterred by the property’s proximity to Bosworth; the Greenway, trees and cul-de-sac shelter the property from any street noise.
A fantastic layout offers plenty of flexibility to suit any lifestyle and evolve along with you. Upstairs, the main level is comprised of bright, open social spaces (made even brighter with skylights throughout) and three bedrooms, tucked in the rear for maximum privacy. Previous owners opened up the chef’s kitchen and updated it with upscale Viking appliances (fridge, wine fridge, range) and a wide center island you’ll make great use of as guests and household members enjoy the wonderful flow from one space to the next. The living room is an inviting setting in any season as you watch the leaves change color from the bay window seat or cozy up in front of the fireplace. The formal dining area is equally suited to intimate dinners and festive occasions, as floor-to-ceiling glass sliders open it to one of the home’s most charming surprises – an interior patio perfectly sized for BBQing, cocktail hour, or a morning coffee haven. Each bedroom has something to envy. One opens to the interior patio via glass sliders, another serves up idyllic backyard outlooks, and the third, the primary bedroom suite, soaks up natural light from a large bay window overlooking the backyard with mature tree views. The generous suite also includes a custom walk-through closet and en suite bath with dual sink floating vanity (Restoration Hardware), oversized glass-clad shower, and skylight.
The lower level sets a welcoming tone with enclosed entry and foyer. An office/media room holds center court, amply sized for work, entertainment, or a mix of both with a wall of well-crafted built-ins. Nestled above the backyard with garden views, bedroom 4 is the ideal guest suite with two closets, en suite bath, and double doors that open to the additional living room. The en suite bath opens to the additional living room as well, with a vanity privacy door enabling it to double as a powder room. The spacious lower level living room can facilitate a myriad of uses with its expansive footprint. Floor-to-ceiling glass sliders expand the space further both visually and physically with direct backyard access. Beautiful wood fencing and the Greenway backdrop create a serene atmosphere in the secluded backyard, freshly landscaped with a walkout deck where you can lounge, play, or dine al fresco in peace and privacy – the unrivaled perks of life on the Glen Park Greenway.
Hardwood floors throughout. Amazing interior storage with extra storage below the exterior deck. Two-car tandem garage wired for a 220V EV charger. Laundry room with side-by-side LG washer/dryer.