- 3bd/3.5ba tranquil Zen-inspired NOPA SFH with garden and city views
- Year built: 1953
- 2,120 sq. ft. (per tax)
- Wall-to-wall windows and skylights throughout invite an abundance of natural light
- Gourmet kitchen features Sub-Zero fridge, Wolf range, center island sink, plenty of cabinetry
- Primary en suite bedroom boasts front garden views, walk-in closet with built-in cabinetry
- Second bedroom overlooks rear garden, with office nook and built-in bookshelves
- Upper level hall bath with deep soaking tub and Japanese design elements
- Gas fireplace
- Lower level en suite bathroom has floor-to-ceiling built-in bookshelves, direct access to backyard
- Hardwood floors throughout
- Beautifully landscaped backyard with dining area and sleek storage shed
- Washer/dryer on upper level
- Ample interior and exterior storage
- Massive two-car side-by-side garage with additional space for storage
- Walkscore: 94
- Walkable to great restaurants and nightlife on Divisadero, Golden Gate Park,
- Convenient commute: Easy access to public transportation and freeway
This tranquil, Zen-inspired residence cuts an unassuming figure from the street; only its detached two-car garage can be seen. Travel through the iron gate on its right, however, and you will be transported into a verdant sanctuary with a faraway feel. Lush gardens serve up a wonderful shock as they triumph around a red brick path. You may want to stop a moment in the pergola-shaded seating area to soak up your surroundings, especially in the summer when the hydrangeas are in full bloom. The path ushers visitors to the front door, but you can follow it around the house as well where it connects to the backyard, a pristine stretch of impeccable landscaping with a stone patio primed for alfresco dining. Tall trees help ensure the utmost privacy.
Nestled in the midst of this park-like setting is a contemporary 3bd/3.5ba home with a unique multilevel design seemingly custom-built for entertaining – or finding a quiet space of your own while working remotely or decompressing after a long day. Walls of windows flood the home with an abundance of light, leveraging breathtaking views on every level.
You enter the home on the second level, an open expanse of living space anchored by a massive stone fireplace surround. Front and rear garden views create an evocative setting, enhanced by rich wood trim, recessed lighting, and built-in bench window seating. The powder room offers organic elements of its own with cool tones and a glass vessel sink. A spiral staircase leads to the bedroom below, a comfortable en suite with a well-appointed bathroom, sturdy built-in bookshelves, and ample natural light. Floor-to-ceiling sliding doors open to the backyard, offering private access ideal for guest lodging or secluded office space.
The upper level boasts a bright, airy layout, gas fireplace, and the best view in the house, panning from Buena Vista to Bernal Hills. Skylights throughout bring an added lightness, aiding the easy flow of open concept kitchen/living/dining areas. The customizable space can easily be transformed into a formal dining room for elegant dinner parties and events. A large gourmet kitchen makes hosting a seamless affair, featuring a Sub-Zero fridge, Wolf range, wide center island with sink, and plenty of counter space for preparing hors d’oeuvres or garnishing cocktails. When the last guest leaves, take one of those cocktails to the hall bath where you’ll find a deep soaking tub and intricate Japanese design touches meant to inspire peace and serenity. That sense of calm continues in both bedrooms on this level; the main en suite bedroom’s expansive windows overlook the front garden, and the second bedroom enjoys the backyard’s leafy foliage from a cozy reading nook. Both showcase large closets and built-in cabinetry, rich with character. There is no shortage of storage space in this home, from interior closets and cabinets to the sleek exterior tool shed and substantial side-by-side garage. Not that you’ll have to do much driving – nearby Divisadero has evolved into a destination spot for restaurants, shops, and bars and Target, Trader Joe’s, and Golden Gate Park are a short walk away.