- Spanish Mediterranean 2bd/1ba Parkside SFH with ocean views
- Year built: 1925
- SqFt: 1,175 (per tax)
- Charming architectural details inside and out
- West-facing ceiling height arched windows with ocean views
- Abundance of natural light
- Fireplace flanked by custom built-ins
- Spacious backyard with walkout deck
- Generous bedrooms with deep closets
- Refinished hardwood floors and fresh paint throughout.
- Rear bedroom overlooking landscaped yard and neighboring palm trees
- Updated all-white eat-in kitchen
- Comfortable breakfast nook easily serves as home office – opens to upper deck
- Large garage with ample storage, W/D hookups
- Walkscore: 90
- Walkable to Stern Grove Park, Sunset Reservoir, McCoppin Square
- Close proximity to Taraval St. restaurants and shops, Ocean Beach, Stonestown Galleria, Lake Merced
- Easy commute: MUNI 1 block away; 66, 48 bus lines; Hwy 1 access
This 1925 Spanish-style home exudes Mediterranean warmth with vivid hues, ornate period details, and a tiled roof. Carved molding lends a charming finish to the colorful exterior as tall arched windows drench the interior with sunlight and offer ocean views. The beach is just a five-minute drive away, and you have your pick of parks, meadows, and playgrounds within walking distance – not to mention your own spacious yard and deck.
The living room’s visual play of lines, curves, and corners is masterful; it sets quite the scene for lively gatherings or relaxing nights at home in front of the fireplace. Custom built-ins get their own nooks and west-facing floor-to-ceiling windows foster a seamless connection to the outdoors.
An intelligent floor plan puts both bedrooms on one side, both generous in size with deep closets. The rear bedroom enjoys a peaceful ambiance overlooking the backyard and a neighboring palm tree. Shared bath features contemporary finishes, shower over tub, and hall linen closet.
The other side of the home has great flow, from the sizable dining room through the updated kitchen to a comfortable breakfast nook and upper deck. Stairs lead to the walkout deck and yard below for seamless hosting. The garden is a lovely space, always a few degrees warmer with a tranquil stillness. Bright and sunny, the breakfast nook easily serves as a WFH office. Who couldn’t use a calming breeze or two during a day full of Zooms?
Downstairs, you’ll find a massive storage area (potential for a home gym!), full bath, washer/dryer hook-ups and a large garage with shelving. Store your bikes, surf boards, and sand toys – you’ll get plenty of use out of them here on the westside.